Green Coffee Beans: Unroasted Coffee Beans
Green Coffee Extract: It has Chlorogenic acid which are cinnamic acid derivatives with biological effects mostly related to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Studies show that the major Chlorogenic acid compound present in green coffee is highly absorbed and metabolized in humans.
Mechanism:- Chlorogenic acid reduces the absorption of carbohydrates from the digestive tract, which lowers blood sugar and insulin spikes.
• It can reduce body weight, reduce fat absorbed from the diet, reduce fat absorbed in the liver and improve the function of fat burning hormone adiponectin.
• Studies shows that it has improved cholesterol and triglyceride levels in rats which are important risk factors for heart disease.
•One of the studies shows supplementary Chlorogenic acid appears to reduce glucose absorption. This effect on glucose management could play a protective role in diabetes control and may also explain the effects on body weight.
•It may also positively affect blood vessels, which has major implications for heart health.
• Doses of between 140mg – 720 mg per day have shown to lower blood pressure in both rats and human with high blood pressure.
Bottom Line: Green Coffee bean extract may improve glucose metabolism and reduce blood pressure. This may have benefits for people who are at high risk of diabetes and heart disease.
Possible Side effects: - Green Coffee bean extract appears to have a pretty good safety profile.
• Some studies show that it triggers migraine, may be by lowering the glucose level due to decrease in absorption.
• As it also contains caffeine, which can numerous side effects when consumed in large amounts. This includes anxiety, jitteriness, rapid heartbeat.